|Home ∙ Services ∙ Officers ∙ Events ∙ Newsletter ∙ Membership ∙ Job Bank ∙ Links ∙ Contact|
The purpose of Fresno Paralegal Association is to:
· promote, encourage and expand the paralegal profession;
· serve as a forum for the interchange of ideas among paralegals;
· sponsor professional activities and offer continuing education for paralegals;
· educate employers and consumers regarding the role of paralegals in the delivery of legal services; and
· maintain mutual beneficial working relationships with local, state and national bar associations.
The Fresno Paralegal Association ("FPA") is a California non-profit corporation comprised of paralegals from Fresno and the surrounding areas. FPA was formed in the Fall of 1981 by a small group of paralegals in Fresno. Due to their efforts, FPA's membership has grown in number and has become an integral part of the legal community.
FPA is governed by a Board of Directors who also serve as officers. The officers are elected each year by the Voting Membership.
FPA is an active member of the California Alliance of Paralegal Associations ("CAPA") and the National Association of Legal Assistants ("NALA"), providing us with both a statewide and national perspective on issues affecting paralegals.