The FPA Job Bank is a service provided to the legal community. Prospective employers are encouraged to utilize this service by contacting the Job Bank Chair Person with details about the position they seek to have filled.
All inquiries by paralegals about job openings are confidential.
Current job openings are listed below:
(as of 2/28/17)
PARALEGAL OR LEGAL SECRETARY CIVIL/BUSINESS LITIGATION
Lang, Richert & Patch, a prominent law firm located in the highly desirable Fig Garden Financial Center, seeks a full-time paralegal or legal secretary for a busy civil / business litigation practice. Candidate must have the ability to work effectively to meet deadlines in a fast-paced office. This position requires extensive knowledge of WordPerfect, Microsoft Word, and common software used in law firms for calendaring and checking conflicts. Candidate must be proficient in calendaring, preparing legal correspondence, and communicating with clients. Must be dependable, reliable, motivated and work well with others. Experience in E-Filing in Federal and State courts preferred. Employment and Labor Law experience is helpful, but not required.
Office hours are Monday – Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. We offer a competitive salary and excellent benefits including:
- Medical insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Life insurance
- 401(k) Profit Sharing Plan
- Paid vacation
- Underground parking
Please submit cover letter with salary history and resume to:
All inquiries will be kept strictly confidential.
EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT AND PARALEGAL
Gerawan Farming Inc. www.prima.com is the world’s leading grower and marketer of peaches, plums, and nectarines. We have a reputation for being innovative and having well-managed operations. Our plants and offices are located in Reedley, Sanger, Kerman, and Fresno, California. We need an Executive Assistant and Paralegal to work in our Fresno corporate office. This position reports to the in-house attorney performing a variety of paralegal duties and executive assistant functions in a confidential nature to support the owners, general counsel, and other executives as needed.
• Provide high-level administrative support by conducting research, preparing statistical reports, handling information requests, and performing clerical functions such as preparing correspondence, arranging conference calls, and scheduling meetings.
• Develop and maintain an interconnected paper and electronic filing system between legal and finance departments to ensure data availability for all key stakeholders.
• Research federal and state statutes, case law, reference materials, and other legal sources and prepare summaries and memoranda related to legal and compliance issues.
• Gather, prepare, and summarize relevant materials for use by attorney in preparation of opinions, briefs, depositions, pleadings, and court filings.
• Draft and file corporate compliance documents as needed in a multi-corporation environment.
• Communicate with external lawyers, secretaries, and government agencies.
• Attend trials and provide corresponding administrative support.
• Conduct all work and maintain all information in strict confidence and in compliance with ethical obligations of the legal profession.
• Associate degree in paralegal studies, legal assisting technology, or accreditation as a certified legal assistant/paralegal specialist.
• Five years of relevant experience with litigation and corporate governance.
• Proficient in LexisNexis, Westlaw, and Worldox. Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
• Detail-oriented, with exceptional writing, proofreading, and organizational skills.
• Able to work professionally, collegially, and independently on assigned tasks and to complete assignments in a timely manner.
• Professional maturity with ability to handle sensitive information with discretion.
• Bilingual in Spanish is a plus.
Standard office hours. Additional hours may be required sporadically.
Submit your résumé with salary history and requirements to: email@example.com
All résumés are kept strictly confidential and will be seen only by the hiring manager for this position and the HR department.