The FPA Job Bank is a service provided to the legal community. Prospective employers are encouraged to utilize this service by contacting the Job Bank Chair Person with details about the position they seek to have filled.
All inquiries by paralegals about job openings are confidential.
Current job openings are listed below:
(as of 2/28/17)
PARALEGAL OR LEGAL SECRETARY CIVIL/BUSINESS LITIGATION
Lang, Richert & Patch, a prominent law firm located in the highly desirable Fig Garden Financial Center, seeks a full-time paralegal or legal secretary for a busy civil / business litigation practice. Candidate must have the ability to work effectively to meet deadlines in a fast-paced office. This position requires extensive knowledge of WordPerfect, Microsoft Word, and common software used in law firms for calendaring and checking conflicts. Candidate must be proficient in calendaring, preparing legal correspondence, and communicating with clients. Must be dependable, reliable, motivated and work well with others. Experience in E-Filing in Federal and State courts preferred. Employment and Labor Law experience is helpful, but not required.
Office hours are Monday – Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. We offer a competitive salary and excellent benefits including:
- Medical insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Life insurance
- 401(k) Profit Sharing Plan
- Paid vacation
- Underground parking
Please submit cover letter with salary history and resume to:
All inquiries will be kept strictly confidential.
EXECUTIVE ASSISTANT AND PARALEGAL
Gerawan Farming Inc. www.prima.com is the world’s leading grower and marketer of peaches, plums, and nectarines. We have a reputation for being innovative and having well-managed operations. Our plants and offices are located in Reedley, Sanger, Kerman, and Fresno, California. We need an Executive Assistant and Paralegal to work in our Fresno corporate office. This position reports to the in-house attorney performing a variety of paralegal duties and executive assistant functions in a confidential nature to support the owners, general counsel, and other executives as needed.
• Provide high-level administrative support by conducting research, preparing statistical reports, handling information requests, and performing clerical functions such as preparing correspondence, arranging conference calls, and scheduling meetings.
• Develop and maintain an interconnected paper and electronic filing system between legal and finance departments to ensure data availability for all key stakeholders.
• Research federal and state statutes, case law, reference materials, and other legal sources and prepare summaries and memoranda related to legal and compliance issues.
• Gather, prepare, and summarize relevant materials for use by attorney in preparation of opinions, briefs, depositions, pleadings, and court filings.
• Draft and file corporate compliance documents as needed in a multi-corporation environment.
• Communicate with external lawyers, secretaries, and government agencies.
• Attend trials and provide corresponding administrative support.
• Conduct all work and maintain all information in strict confidence and in compliance with ethical obligations of the legal profession.
• Associate degree in paralegal studies, legal assisting technology, or accreditation as a certified legal assistant/paralegal specialist.
• Five years of relevant experience with litigation and corporate governance.
• Proficient in LexisNexis, Westlaw, and Worldox. Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
• Detail-oriented, with exceptional writing, proofreading, and organizational skills.
• Able to work professionally, collegially, and independently on assigned tasks and to complete assignments in a timely manner.
• Professional maturity with ability to handle sensitive information with discretion.
• Bilingual in Spanish is a plus.
Standard office hours. Additional hours may be required sporadically.
Submit your résumé with salary history and requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org
All résumés are kept strictly confidential and will be seen only by the hiring manager for this position and the HR department.
Paralegal / Legal Assistant III Supporting the USAO
Location: Fresno, CA
Requisition Number: 17-275
Apply online at www.fsafederal.com
Posted Compensation: 27.72 per hour Description:
FSA, a government contractor delivering highly qualified personnel in support of the government’s mission, has an immediate vacancy for a Paralegal II to support the Asset Forfeiture Program at the U.S. Attorney’s Office Eastern District of CA. The Asset Forfeiture Section at the USAO is responsible for the prosecution of both criminal and civil actions against property used or acquired during illegal activity.
A Paralegal/Legal Assistant III executes the following duties:
Performs basic legal research in support of forfeiture work, including research of case law, slip opinions, etc. Utilizes a variety of automated legal research tools as well as public information databases and other automated resources to research case- or program-specific legal matters, and to participate in assigned areas of criminal or civil proceedings, e.g. electronic discovery Receives, examines, and evaluates new and complex cases referred for judicial forfeiture proceedings by the seizing agencies with reference to the facts of the case and agency standards for case litigation worthiness, appropriate titles of law, and pertinent case law
Reviews investigative reports for probable cause for forfeiture, determines the need for additional information and evidence, and plans a comprehensive approach to obtain this information and evidence
Advises the forfeiture attorney regarding the merits of the potential forfeiture and the probabilities of success of the forfeiture in light of the strengths and weaknesses of probable cause and potential defenses
Assists forfeiture attorney in persuading claimants and claimants’ attorneys of the correctness of the agency’s legal position and the appropriateness of the agency’s proposed settlement. Prepares appropriate documents for settlement or other appropriate disposition. If settlements cannot be agreed upon, prepares all necessary pleadings for the court in order to attain the issuance of default decrees of forfeiture
Assists forfeiture attorney in pretrial preparations by preparing, reviewing, and organizing discovery; notifying, interviewing, preparing summaries of, and managing witnesses; and researching case law
Interviews federal agents and other local law enforcement officers concerning the probable cause for forfeiture and the availability of evidence and witnesses
Prepares legal pleadings necessary to commence judicial forfeiture proceedings and subsequent motions, papers, and proposed orders to accomplish forfeiture, settlement or dismissal
Assists in preparing for court proceedings by compiling, organizing, and indexing various evidentiary exhibits Receives transcripts of depositions and prepares summaries to assist attorneys
Uses CATS database to extrapolate data for reports, charts, graphs, and trial exhibits Provides training to other contractor paralegals as needed
A Paralegal/Legal Assistant III must meet the following qualifications: Possession of a paralegal certificate
At least two years of paralegal litigation experience; trial experience is very helpful Knowledge of forfeiture laws, policies, and procedures
Knowledge of the capabilities and use of automated resources and technology for the development, presentation, and prosecution of federal cases; at least one year of automated litigation support experience
Knowledge of the principles, concepts, and methods of legal research and analysis sufficient to perform assigned case development and documentation assignments which are typically covered by established precedents
Excellent written and oral communication skills, analytic ability, and thorough knowledge of legal research tools Hands-on familiarity with a variety of computer applications, including word processing, databases, spreadsheets, and telecommunications equipment
This position requires U.S. Citizenship and a 7 (or 10) year minimum background investigation.
Area of Interest: Legal/Litigation Support Position Schedule: Full-time
FSA is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote qualiﬁed persons in all job titles without regard to age, ancestry, color, gender, HIV status, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation (including gender expression and identity), veteran status, family leave status or any protected group status as deﬁned by applicable law.